Monday 18 November 2013

Miscellaneous Mondays: 50's, and red and Bristol - oh my!

Through bleary eyes, poking my head over a hot mug of coffee, I (Editor Kate) haven’t quite decided if I’m ready for Monday (and it’s already past noon). That said, here it is, and what better way to take a tentative step into the week than by sharing some of my wedding-inspired finds from across the internet? This week I’m loving 50’s-inspired a-line dresses, deep red nail polish, and a shout-out to Bristol’s own The Paintworks on Rock’n’Roll Bride!

Favourite wedding dress: A-line gown
My favourite aspect of this gown is its timeless simplicity. It’s elegant, flattering to most figures, and puts the focus squarely where it ought to be: on the bride. If you’re local to the Bristol and Bath area, you’re in luck, as this one was supplied for our Autumn 2013 photoshoot by local Bath dress shop Solitaire Brides.


Favourite accessory: Deep red nail polish
I saw this featured on a recent photoshoot over at Rock My Wedding, and fell in love with the colour. Many brides (myself included) find it a bit daunting to consider wearing a bold colour on their nails for the wedding day (even if they typically wear stand-out colours day-to-day). But this fabulous photoshoot should give you the courage to make a statement! I love nail polish for its ability to be the perfect accessory: bold without being overwhelming.

(c) Rebekah J Murray

Favourite local venue: The Paintworks (as featured on Rock’n’Roll Bride)
Clearly this was a week for being inspired by fellow blogs, because I stumbled across this Bristol shout-out over at Rock’n’Roll Bride and knew I’d have to feature it here. Abbie and Daniel had their wedding at Bristol’s own The Paintworks, and the photos are simply lovely. For the less-than-traditional wedding, The Paintworks is a fantastic venue – truly ‘rock’n’roll’.

(c) Marshal Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment