Friday 30 August 2013

Feeling Fresh Faced: A Dr Hauschka facial experience at Harvey Nichols

Last week West Weddings was invited to the Dr Hauschka counter at Harvey Nichols, Cabot Circus in Bristol to try a facial. Since we at WW Towers love researching local beauty experiences (it’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it), we were chuffed to be asked by this cult skincare brand and sent editor Helen down there to check it out.

I’ve been a bit stressed recently, and my skin was definitely reflecting this, so the offer to try a Dr Hauschka facial came at just the right time.  I’ve always heard good things about this brand, which uses only natural ingredients and no nasties such as parabens and PEGs in its body and facial care range, so I was excited to see what it could do for my poor, tired skin to make it look better for the hen weekend I had coming up.

The counter manager at Dr Hauschka Bristol is Alex, who made me feel right at ease. The treatment room in Harvey Nichols is a lovely, relaxing space, very quiet and peaceful, and, with its very comfortable treatment couch, a great place to spend half an hour after a busy morning at work!

Alex started off by asking me a few questions about my skin type and skincare regime, and tailored the facial accordingly. She took off my make up with cleanser and then applied a gently warmed flannel to my face and neck, delicately scented with lemon water, which smelled delicious and was very refreshing. There is also a lavender version, but she warned me that it might put me to sleep at this time of day!

A cream-based face mask was then applied and left on my face for five minutes, during which Alex massaged my hands with Dr Hausckha hand cream. At this stage I was gently drifting off, and could quite happily have had a snooze!
 
The final step of the facial was an application of the legendary Rose Day Cream, beloved by Anne Hathaway and other women across the world. I was offered the normal one or the lighter version, so I opted for the former. I think this was perhaps a little too rich for me, though, as it took a long time to sink in, but that was only a minor point in what was an altogether lovely experience. Alex also thoughtfully noticed that my lips were quite cracked and so gave them a good slathering of lip balm!

The facial lasted about half an hour and I left feeling revitalised, rejuvenated and oh so relaxed. Alex was very knowledgeable about the different products and how to tailor them to my skin type, and on leaving, gave me some shower gel samples, perfect timing for my weekend away.

I would highly recommend a Dr Hauschka facial as a great pre-wedding treatment and a good chance to try out its products on your skin. While you’re at the counter, do also check out the brand’s great range of plant-based make up, which includes bases, mascaras and lip colours.

The Dr Hauschka counter in Harvey Nichols, Bristol is offering 30 minute facials for £25, redeemable against any purchase. Call 0117 916 8865 or email contactbristol@harveynichols.com to book.

West Weddings was the guest of Dr Hauschka. We always strive to give an honest opinion on products and experiences, however, and if we don’t like them then we would say so!

No comments:

Post a Comment